Our Franchise System
We have spent nearly a decade developing and fine tuning our operating platform, which consists of tools and processes for nearly everything involved in successfully owning and operating a DMK Burger Bar. Our franchise program makes these proprietary tools available to our franchisees, including systems for: site selection, new restaurant development, employee and management training programs, supply chain pathways, cost management tools, interior design, marketing, and guest retention.
We Understand That...
1. The secret sauce to all business is great people.
2. The success we have enjoyed is the direct result of our passionate pursuit of building a first class organization made up of people that love to do great work, side-by-side, with others.
3. True success is only realized when it is enjoyed by everyone involved.
4. The Golden Rule is truly golden.
5. Structure and predictability create happiness, success and a true sense well being.
Frequently Asked Questions
❯ Is previous food or restaurant experience necessary to obtain a DMK Burger Bar franchise?
No. Strong management and leadership experience from running any business translates well into owning and operating a DMK Burger Bar. We have a complete training program and manuals along with field operational support to help you learn this business; as well as ongoing support.
❯ What does the franchise system include?
- Owning and operating a DMK Burger Bar franchise
- Use of brand name
- Use of recipes
- Use of operational systems and methods
- Use of facility planning and architectural design
- Specifications for furniture, fixtures, equipment and leasehold improvements
- Corporate training for Managing Owner and Manager
- Ongoing support for members
- Ongoing updates
- Favorable contracts with suppliers of goods and services
- Use of operating manuals, policies, procedures and business management systems
❯ Is there a cost for the training program and ongoing support?
The cost of providing initial training to 6 attendees and on-site pre-opening and opening training and support is included in your initial franchisee fee. Reasonable registration or similar fees may apply to other training courses. Expenses for travel, lodging and food associated with attending initial training and other training courses are the responsibility of the franchisee.
❯ What is the initial franchise fee for a DMK Burger Bar franchise?
The initial franchise fee for a franchise is up to $30,000, payable upon signing the Franchise Agreement.
❯ Can I reserve territories for future development after my first store?
Yes. At the time of signing the Franchise Agreement, you can also sign a Development Agreement granting an area in which you will be required to open and operate a designated number of locations within a designated period of time. The initial franchise fee is $30,000 for the first location, and $24,000 for the second and each additional location, opened under a Development Agreement.
❯ How long is the Franchise Agreement, and is it renewable.
The term of the Franchise Agreement is 10 years. If certain conditions are satisfied, you may acquire 2 renewal terms of 5 years each.
❯ I don’t have experience with leasing. Will DMK Burger Bar assist me?
Yes. We have on staff personnel to assist with commercial leasing, including tenant work letters and letters of intent. We will review and help prepare these documents, but do not serve as legal counsel or in any other professional capacity.
❯ How much will it cost to open a DMK Burger Bar location?
The cost of opening a DMK Burger Bar varies with location and size. Please refer to our Franchise Disclosure Document (FDD) for estimates.
This information is not intended as an offer to sell, or the solicitation of an offer to buy, a franchise. It is for information purposes only. Currently, the following states regulate the offer and sale of franchises: California, Hawaii, Illinois, Indiana, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, New York, North Dakota, Oregon, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Virginia, Washington, and Wisconsin. If you are a resident of or want to locate a franchise in one of these states, we will not offer you a franchise unless and until we have complied with applicable pre-sale registration and disclosure requirements in your state.